Over the years, we have gained some knowledge about things like, the best time to get your wedding suppliers booked in and when the is the right time to do certain things. These are some suggestions from our experience:
Discuss ideas for your Wedding Day with your Partner
- Discuss your individual ideas – do you have a particular theme for your wedding
- Make a list of your ‘non-negotiables’
- Set your Wedding budget
- Compile a rough guest list
Research venues to gain ideas of the venue style that you prefer
- Which venues offer most or all of your ‘non-negotiables’
- Which venues are within your budget
- Does the venue suit the theme of your wedding
- Shortlist venues to visit based on the above information
Visit the venues from your shortlist
- Discuss your ideas and prices
- Take notes at each venue visit for comparison later
- Take photos as a reminder for later
Pick your favourite venue
- Look at possible dates with your favourite venues
- Choose your venue and provisionally hold a date
- Check that your main guests are available on your chosen date
- Book the Church or a Registrar
- Pay the deposit to reserve your venue
After booking your venue
- Book your honeymoon
- Check your Passports and Visa requirements
- Book your wedding night accommodation
- Book your photographer
- Book your entertainment
- Choose your venue dressing company (if applicable)
- Choose your wedding stationery and check timescales for finalising with them
- Choose your wedding party members
- Choose wedding attire for yourself, your partner and your entourage
- Book your florist and Organise flowers for the Ceremony & Reception, Order Bouquets & Buttonholes
- Order your wedding Cake
The Autumn / Winter before your wedding at The Barns
- In early Autumn, we will hold a taster evening where you will get the opportunity to taste a variety of the caterers dishes, free of charge. This should give you a representation of the quality and standard of the catering offered within our packages,
- In the Autumn / Winter prior to your wedding, after the taster evening, Impressions Caterers will contact you to arrange your first consultation. In this consultation you will discuss your menus, drinks requirements, venue layouts and set ups, a timeline for the day, dietary requirements, allergens etc. Once this consultation has taken place, Impressions Caterers will type up your notes and email them to you and to the venue. This is the opportunity for you to update any information and correct anything in red and return to Impressions Caterers and to the venue.
Approximately 6 Months before your wedding
- Try out accessories, hairstyle & make up
- Choose going away outfit
- Choose Wedding Rings
- Buy gifts for your wedding party
- Finalise Order of Service (if applicable)
- Post Invitations 4 months before your Wedding, including a location map and local accommodation
- Record all acceptances & refusals, including dietary information
- Draft your seating plan
Approximately 3 To 4 Months before your wedding at The Barns
- Approximately 3 to 4 months prior to your wedding, you will meet with the caterers again to make any changes to the details already provided and go over everything in a bit more depth.
8 weeks before your wedding at The Barns
- 8 weeks prior to your wedding, the final venue hire payment and ceremony fee will be due along with your final numbers. These will need to be emailed to the venue in order for them to issue an invoice for your food and drinks package.
6 weeks before your wedding at The Barns
- 6 weeks prior to your wedding, the final package payment and the damage deposit cheque will be due. After this point, numbers cannot be reduced.
- You will need to email your pre-order to the caterers and to the venue 6 weeks prior to your wedding; this should include any dietary requirements and allergens for your daytime and evening guests.
- You will need to provide us with contact details for your suppliers, confirmation of their Public Liability Insurance and appropriate health and safety documents at least 6 weeks prior to your wedding.
- Finalise your seating plan
1 Month before your wedding
- Hold Hen & Stag Nights
- Check all church / registry office requirements have been met
- Check all speeches are prepared
- Check all outfits are ready
- Have final fitting of wedding attire & accessories
The week before your wedding at The Barns
- Your final consultation – This will take place at the venue, with your Event Manager, usually on the Tuesday in the week leading up to your wedding. At this consultation you will go through the wedding notes to check all details and explain any specific items to the Event Manager. At this consultation it is not possible to make changes such as adding numbers or changing the menu as orders will have been finalised.
- Finalise and confirm Ceremony / Reception details
- Make a full & final check on all details
- Check all Wedding clothes and accessories
The day before your wedding at The Barns
- Provide venue with your table plan and table decorations
- Relax and pamper yourselves ready for tomorrow!
The day of your wedding at The Barns
The day you have been planning for many months has finally arrived and it’s time to enjoy all of the hard work that you and your partner have put into to making this the day of your dreams. Congratulations and Best Wishes to you both.
The days following the wedding at The Barns
If you need to leave any items behind for collection later, you can arrange this with the venue. Collection will need to be either; early the following day or a few days later depending on whether the venue is open.