Working with rural communities to improve the quality of life for all
The Hunsbury Hill Centre is owned by Northamptonshire ACRE and their offices are based in the main farmhouse at the venue. The Barns at Hunsbury Hill is the Trading Arm of Northamptonshire ACRE and therefore, any profits made from events held at the venue are donated to the Charity to assist with their valuable work across the County.
For over 60 years Northamptonshire ACRE has been supporting rural communities in the county. Their focus is and has always been on community development and engagement. If your village or parish wants to carry out any form of community planning, including Neighbourhood Plans, Northamptonshire ACRE is there to help and advise. This includes assisting you with accessing funds for projects.
- They work with local communities to reduce rural isolation and vulnerability. They help make life more affordable for those living in rural areas and also help to deliver improved services for these communities. This can be through better communications links, strong community facilities or more accessible education and health services.
- They support and advise rural community groups on a wide range of issues and encourage local action and participation in decision-making
- They campaign to ensure that the interests of people living in rural Northamptonshire are taken into account in policy making and strategic planning affecting the County.
- They are accredited at Level 3 of the ACRE Standards, which are endorsed by the Charity Commission.
How does Northamptonshire ACRE help local communities?
- They facilitate the identification of local needs through community consultation and engagement.
- They support and assist with community planning.
- They advise on funding and funding applications.
- They advise on community facilities, rural transport, services and affordable housing.
- They’re a strong voice in fighting fuel poverty through Olive, their Bulk Oil buying scheme and Green Infrastructure work.
- They advocate at local and national level to raise awareness of local issues and campaigns.
- They give training across a range of services.
- They help rural groups to increase co-operation and partnerships across services.
- They keep local authorities up-to-date regarding rural issues.
- They inform rural communities about new legislation that might affect them.
By booking an event with us at The Barns, not only are you putting something back into local communities but you are also helping Northamptonshire ACRE’s work to support the more disadvantaged groups in rural areas.
For more information about Northamptonshire ACRE, please visit their website – https://www.northantsacre.org.uk